GIC of India Specialist Officers Recruitment 2011
Last Updated: 2011-10-14T12:41:36+05:30
General Insurance Corporation (GIC) of India, Mumbai, has invited applications for various posts, for recruitment 2011. The recruitment is to be done for the following stream/disciplines:
- Insurance (GLI)
- Marine Engineering (MRE)
- Aeronautical Engineering (AVE)
- Chemical Engineering (CME)
- Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering (MEE)
- Research & Development (R&D)
- Medical (MED)
- Marketing (MRT)
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Information Technology (software)- (ITS)
- Information Technology (Hardware)- (ITH)
- Finance / Accounts (FAC)
- Human Resource Development (HRD)
- Legal (LGL)
- Civil Engineering (CVE)
- Publicity (PBL)
Candidates for the abovementioned post will be short listed on the basis of their performance in the written test. The written test is tentatively scheduled to be conducted on December 4, 2011 at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai centres. The final selection will be made on the basis of candidates’ performance in Group Discussion and interview to be conducted by GIC.
The recruitment is to be done on permanent basis. The selected candidates on appointment may be posted or transferred to any place in India and abroad, as deemed necessary. However, the initial posting will be in GIC’s corporate office in Mumbai only.For complete details regarding the recruitment and eligibility criteria, candidates can visit the official website of GIC of India: http://gicofindia.com/.
- Candidate should be a Graduate + PG in General/Life Insurance/ Maths /Stats/AIII/FIII.
Marine Engineering (MRE)
- Candidate should have completed BE / B Tech (Marine).
Aeronautical Engineering (AVE)
- Candidate should be have done BE / B Tech (Aeronautical).
Chemical Engineering (CME)
- Candidate must have completed BE / B Tech (Chemical).
Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering (MEE)
- Candidate should have done BE / B Tech (Mechanical/ Electrical).
Research & Development (R&D)
- Candidate should have completed M Sc (Stats / Maths).
- Candidate should be a MBBS degree holder.
- Candidate must be a Graduate + PG in Marketing
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Candidate should be a Graduate + PG in Risk Management
Information Technology (software) - (ITS)
- Candidate must have done BE / B Tech Software Engineer/MCA/IT.
Information Technology (Hardware) - (ITH)
- Candidates should have completed BE / B Tech (Electronic Engineer).
Finance / Accounts (FAC)
- Candidate should be a B Com + CA Inter/M Com degree holder.
Human Resource Development (HRD)
- Candidates should be a Graduate + PG in HRM / Personnel Management
- Candidate must be a Graduate + LLB / B.L.
Civil Engineering (CVE)
- Candidate must be a BE / B Tech (Civil).
- Candidate must be a Graduate + PG in Mass Communications & Journalism
- Candidates should be between the age of 21-30 years as on September 30, 2011.
For more information regarding the eligibility criteria, candidates can visit the official link of GIC of India: http://gicofindia.com/Downloads/GIC_Re-Recruitment.pdf.
How To Apply:
- Candidates, who fulfill the eligibility criteria and willing to apply, are required to apply through online registration system of GIC Re i.e. www.epostonline.in/GIC.
- Online submission of the applications will be allowed on the website from October 15, 2011 to November 5, 2011. One must follow the instruction given while filling in the online application form.
- Candidates should note that he/she can apply only for one stream of his /her choice.
- The processing and examination fee (non-refundable) is Rs 500 which is to be paid in the form of an A/c Payee DD drawn in favour of “General Insurance Corporation of India”, payable at Mumbai. (Candidates belonging to SC/ST category and PH (OH) candidates and the employees of GIC and GIPSA Member Companies are exempted from the fees).
- Candidates must mention their full name and Registration number on the reverse side of the DD.
- After submitting the online application form, one must take print out of the auto-generated registration slip bearing a unique registration number.
- Candidate should paste his/her recent passport size photograph on the registration slip and sign in the specified spaces.
- The duly signed registration slip (original) along with DD (wherever applicable) and other supportive requisite enclosure documents should be sent through ordinary post/speed post to The Advertiser-GIC Re, Post Bag No 99, G P O Kolkata, Kolkata-700001, in an envelope superscribed as "Application For the Post of Assistant Manager (Specalist) in GIC Re" (one must also indicate the stream/discipline for which he/she has applied for) latest by November 14, 2011.
- For more information regarding the recruitment, candidates can visit the aforementioned direct link of GIC of India.
Last Date of Form Submission: 14-Nov-2011
Download Form: www.epostonline.in/GIC
170, Jamshedji Tata Road, Churchgate,
Mumbai - 400 020 India
Tel. (Board): +91 22 2286 7000
Fax No: +91 22 2289 9600