Indian Air Force Commissioned Officers (Meteorology Branch) Recruitment 2013
Last Updated: 2013-01-18T16:27:04+05:30
Indian Air Force, New Delhi, has invited applications from young, dynamic, talented and competent Indian male & female candidates for recruitment 2013, for the posts of Commissioned Officers, in Meteorology Branch. The recruitment is to be done for the following courses commencing in January 2014 for grant of Short Service Commission in Meteorology Branch:
- No. 135 Ground Duty Officers (135 GDOC) Course (Permanent Commission) (For Men)
- No. 28 Short Service Commission (28 SSC) Course (For Men)
- No. 44 Short Service Commission (44 SSC) Course (For Women)
Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of their performance in Academics, Tests, Interview and Medical Examination. Candidates short-listed in the initial screening will be called for various tests. The tests are divided into two stages i.e., Stage I (Intelligence Test & Documents Verification) and Stage II (Psychological Test, Group Tests & Interview).
The test will be held at Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) located at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar & Varanasi. Candidates qualified in the test will be called for medical examination, which will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM, Bengaluru.
The test schedule and examination centre will be mentioned on the candidate’s admit card. For complete details regarding the recruitment and application process, candidates can visit the official website of Indian Air Force: http://indianairforce.nic.in/
- Postgraduate Degree in any Science Stream / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics / Oceanography / Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology & Environment / Geo-physics / Environmental Biology with minimum 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized University / Institute
- Bachelor’s Degree with Mathematics and Physics subjects with minimum 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized University / Institute
- Should have minimum Height 152 cm (for women) or Height 157.5 cm (for men) with correlated weight
- Candidates should be above the age of 20 years and below the age of 25 years (Postgraduate Degree) or 27 years (PhD Degree holder).
For more information regarding the eligibility criteria, candidates can visit the official link of Indian Air Force: http://careerairforce.nic.in/
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates can download the application format from the official link of Indian Air Force: http://careerairforce.nic.in/
- Application Form neatly printed on A4 size paper, duly complete in all respect, along with two unattested recent passport-size photographs (of which one should be affixed on the application form), one self-addressed envelope (size 23 x 10 cm) with affixed postage stamp of Rs 27 on it, and photocopies of all relevant certificates should be submitted to Post Box No. 011, Nirman Bhawan Post Office, New Delhi - 110106, by ordinary post, on or before February 12, 2013.
- Candidates belonging to far-flung areas can send their application form latest by February 19, 2013.
- Candidates should mention “Application For Meteorology Branch Courses Commencing in January 2014” on the envelope in which the form would be sent.
- For more information regarding the applying format, candidates can visit the aforementioned Indian Air Force website.
Last Date of Form Submission: 12-Feb-2013
Download Form: http://careerairforce.nic.in/
Registered Office:Indian Air Force
Publicity Cell, Air Headquarters
DISHA, Motilal Nehru Marg
New Delhi - 110106
Contact No.: 011 - 23010231 / 23013690 (Direct)