Indian Institute of Astrophysics Director Recruitment 2012
Last Updated: 2012-05-10T14:22:08+05:30
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore, Karnataka, has invited applications from dynamic and knowledgeable professionals for recruitment 2012, for the post of Director.
Appointment of the candidates is to be done on direct recruitment / deputation / contract basis, for a period of 3-5 years or till a period of superannuation (60 years), whichever is earlier.
Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of personal interview. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the interview. The interview schedule will be announced later. For complete details regarding the recruitment and eligibility criteria, candidates can visit the official website of IIA: http://www.iiap.res.in/
- Doctorate in Astronomy / Astrophysics / Physics / Mathematics / Physical Sciences from a recognized University
- Should have experience of post-doctoral research work
- Should have published original work of high standard and have evidence of high professional eminence by recognitions i.e., fellowship of academies, national / international awards in science etc
- Direct Recruitment: Minimum 20 years of R&D experience in Industrial and Academic Institutions as Faculty / Scientist, out of which minimum 4 years of experience should be in managerial / administrative capacity for science & technology programmes, planning and development, budget & finance, coordination and such organizational matters
- Deputation / Contract Basis: Should be a Scientists / Technologists, holding analogous post and have minimum 5 years of regular service in the post carrying pay in the pay band Rs 37400-67000 + Grade Pay of Rs 10000 or its equivalent
- Candidates should be below the age of 56 years.
For more information regarding the eligibility criteria, candidates can visit the official link of IIA: http://www.iiap.res.in/files/Advt_Director_IIA.pdf
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates can download the application format from the official link of IIA: http://www.iiap.res.in/files/Advt_Director_IIA.pdf
- Application form neatly typed on plain paper, duly complete in all respect, along with two page Short Curriculum Vitae in the prescribed format, and attested photocopies of all relevant certificates / documents, should be submitted to The Administrative Officer, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, II Block, Koramangala, Bangalore (Karnataka) - 560034, by post on or before May 31, 2012.
- Candidates belonging to far-flung areas can send their application on or before June 7, 2012.
- Candidates should mention “Application for the post of Director, IIA, Bangalore” on the envelope in which the form would be sent.
- For more information regarding the recruitment, candidates can visit the aforementioned official website of Indian Institute of Astrophysics.
Last Date of Form Submission: 31-May-2012
Download Form: http://www.iiap.res.in/files/Advt_Director_IIA.pdf
Registered Office:Indian Institute of Astrophysics
Department of Science & Technology
II Block, Koramangala
Bangalore (Karnataka) - 560034
Contact No.: +91-80-2553 0672
Fax: +91-80-2553 4043