KFRI Announces Scientist B & Scientist C/E1 Jobs
- Scientist-B (Forest Protection)
- Scientist-B (Forest Ecology)
- Scientist-C/E1 (Forest Botany)
- Scientist-C/E1 (Forest Pathology)
- Scientist-C/E1 (Genetics & Tree Breeding)
- Scientist-C/E1 (Remote Sensing)
- Scientist-C/E1 (Wildlife Biology)
Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of personal interview. Candidates short-listed in the initial screening will be called for the interview. The interview schedule will be announced later. For complete details regarding the recruitment and eligibility criteria, candidates can visit the official website of KFRI: http://www.kfri.org/
- M Sc or PhD Degree in Botany / Zoology / Agriculture / Environmental Science / Forestry / Life Science / Microbiology from a recognized University / College
- Doctoral / Post Doctoral experience in studies on ecology and control of invasive alien species is desirable
- M Sc or Doctorate degree in Botany / Forestry / Environmental Science from a recognized University / College.
- Doctoral or Post Doctoral experience in landscape level analysis of ecosystems / forest fragmentation / corridor studies / connectivity of forest patches / ecosystem modeling, etc, is desirable.
- M Sc Degree in Botany from a recognized University / College
- Doctorate Degree in Systematics with following groups of plants: Bryophytes / Pteridophytes / Lichens
- Post Doctoral experience of 2 years for Scientist C, and 5 years for Scientist E1 in taxonomy and ecology, in the abovementioned groups of plants, is required
- M Sc Degree in Botany / Mycology / Plant Pathology / Agriculture / Microbiology / Life Science / Bioscience from a recognized University / College, Or
- Doctorate Degree in any one of the abovementioned subjects with specialization in Mycology / Plant Pathology
- Applicants should have minimum 2 years of work experience for Scientist C and 5 years for Scientist E1 in Mycology or Plant Pathology, in relation to natural ecosystems (especially forests)
- M Sc or PhD Degree in Botany / Forestry / Genetics and Tree Breeding / Environmental Science from a recognized University / College
- Doctoral or Post Doctoral experience in Genetics & Tree Breeding will be given preference in selection procedure.
- Candidates should have Minimum 2 years of post doctoral experience for Scientist C and minimum 5 years for Scientist E1 in breeding systems, reproductive biology and conservation
- M Sc in Biological Sciences or PhD Degree in Science with specialization in Remote Sensing from a recognized University / College.
- Post Doctoral experience of 2 years for Scientist C and 5 years (for Scientist E1 in remote sensing in relation to forestry or allied area is required
- M Sc in Zoology / Wildlife Biology / Forestry / Ecology from a recognized University / College.
- Doctorate in any of the abovementioned subjects with specialization in Vertebrate ecology/Wildlife conservation/Wildlife genetics
- Also, candidates should possess minimum of 2 years experience for Scientist C and minimum 5 years for Scientist E1 invertebrate ecology / Wildlife conservation / Wildlife genetics
- 35 years: Scientist B
- 40 years: Scientist E1
- Age relaxation for OBC / SC / ST candidates provided as per government norms.
How To Apply:
- Willing candidates can download the application format from the official link of KFRI: http://www.kfri.res.in/noticeboard.asp?ID=88
- Application form, duly complete in all respect, along with photocopies of all the relevant certificates, should be sent to Registrar, Kerala Forest Research Institute, Peechi, Thrissur (Kerala) - 680653, on or before March 12, 2013.
- Candidates applying for various posts should submit separate application form for each post.
- Candidates should mention “Name of the Post applied for _________ “on the envelope in which application form would be sent.
- For more information regarding the recruitment, candidates can visit the aforementioned official link of Kerala Forest Research Institute.
Last Date of Form Submission: 12-Mar-2013
Download Form: http://www.kfri.res.in/noticeboard.asp?ID=88
Registered Office:Kerala Forest Research Institute
Peechi P O
Thrissur (Kerala) - 680653
Contact No.: 0487 - 2690100
Fax No.: 0487 - 2690111